Blogging Handout Webliography
Created for a weblog and Drupal workshop at Colby College
Introductions and definitions of blogging
- George Siemens' The Art of Blogging - Part 1 and The Art of Blogging - Part 2
- Megnut's What We're Doing When We Blog
My short definition
A weblog, or blog, is an online journal, whether individual or collaborative, facilitated by a simple web publishing interface. Unlike a print journal, a weblog is public, with the most recent posts always greeting the reader in the front (the top of the home page). Many definitions often try to classify blogs into personal/diary-like, filter, or knowledge publishing. While many blogs have characteristics of more than one category, these terms as a group do help to define the genre as a whole.
To get a sampling of weblogs, visit weblogs.com. And peruse the blogrolls on the pages you visit.
Individual Blogs by Scholars and Teachers
Community Weblogs Maintained by Scholars and Teachers
Non-Drupal Class Weblogs
- Introduction to Multimedia. Teacher makes posts, students comment.
- It's Deja Vu All Over Again. Contains student posts.
- Rhetoric 1101. Contains student posts.
- For more, see EdBloggerPraxis
Drupal Class Weblogs